Mathura junction is the largest railway junction in India, with as many as 7 routes emerging from this station. Mathura junction also has 10 platforms, with connectivity to all major cities of India.
Which is the largest and biggest railway station in India?
1. Howrah Junction Railway Station. Howrah Junction is the oldest and largest railway station in India.
Where is the biggest railway station in India?
Gorakhpur Junction railway station (station code::GKP) is located in the city of Gorakhpur in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It has the world’s longest railway platform. It serves as the headquarters of the North Eastern Railway.
Gorakhpur Junction railway station.
Which is the fastest train in India 2020?
Let’s have a look at the Fastest Trains in India:
- Vande Bharat Express – Train 18 (22439), 180 km/h.
- Gatimaan Express (12049/12050), 160 km/h.
- New Delhi – Bhopal Shatabdi Express (12002), 150 km/h.
- Mumbai – New Delhi Rajdhani Express (12951) & New Delhi – Kanpur Shatabdi Express (12034), 140 km/hour.
Which is the longest platform in India?
Longest railway platforms
- Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India:1,366.33 m (4,483 ft)
- Kollam Junction, Kerala, India:1,180.5 m (3,873 ft)
- Kharagpur Junction, West Bengal, India: 1,072.5 m (3,519 ft)
- Pilibhit Junction, Uttar Pradesh India 900 m (2,953 ft)
- Auto Club Speedway station, Fontana, California, US: 2,675 ft (815 m)