Bangalore (proper noun)
Is Karnataka proper noun?
State in southern India which has Bangalore as its capital.
Is India a common noun?
Common nouns are words that name general people, places, things and ideas whereas proper nouns name a specific person, place, or thing. For example, ‘country’ is a common noun and ‘India’ is a proper noun.
What are 5 common nouns?
25 Most Common Nouns
Which type of noun is month?
A period into which a year is divided, historically based on the phases of the moon. In the Gregorian calendar there are twelve months: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.
Is Bangalore masculine or feminine?
In 2011, Bangalore had population of 9,621,551 of which male and female were 5,022,661 and 4,598,890 respectively. In 2001 census, Bangalore had a population of 6,537,124 of which males were 3,426,599 and remaining 3,110,525 were females.
Why Karnataka is called Karnataka?
Though several etymologies have been suggested for the name Karnataka, the generally accepted one is that Karnataka is derived from the Kannada words karu and nādu, meaning “elevated land”.
How do you spell Bangalore?
Correct spelling for the English word “bangalore” is [bˈaŋɡɐlˌɔː], [bˈaŋɡɐlˌɔː], [b_ˈa_ŋ_ɡ_ɐ_l_ˌɔː] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Is year a proper noun?
Year is a common noun. We say leap year, normal year, good year, bad year and year of Olympics. It cannot be called a collective noun. Collective nouns are names of groups of people, things, animals or ideas.
Is Elephant a proper noun?
Elephant – Proper Noun; animal, land – Common Nouns.
Is Delhi is a proper noun?
Delhi (Proper noun–the name of Union territory) India (Proper noun – the name of a country) Capital ( Common noun– common to all capital).
What are 10 common nouns?
Examples of a Common Noun
- People: mother, father, baby, child, toddler, teenager, grandmother, student, teacher, minister, businessperson, salesclerk, woman, man.
- Animals: lion, tiger, bear, dog, cat, alligator, cricket, bird, wolf.
- Things: table, truck, book, pencil, iPad, computer, coat, boots,
What are 10 examples of proper nouns?
10 examples of proper noun
- Human noun: John, Carry, Todd, Jenica, Melissa etc.
- Institution, establishment, institution, authority, university nouns: Saint John High School, Health Association, British Language Institute, Oxford University, New York Governorship etc.
What are 10 nouns?
10 Types of Nouns, Definition and Examples
- Compound Noun. Made up of two or more smaller words. …
- Collective Noun. Refer to a group of things as one whole. …
- Singular Noun. Refer to one person, place things, or idea. …
- Plural Noun. …
- Proper Noun. …
- Abstract Noun. …
- Concrete Noun. …
- Countable Noun.