The first Viceroy of India was Lord Canning.
Who was the best Viceroy of India?
Top 15 British Viceroys of India
- Viceroy # 1. Lord Canning as First Viceroy, (1858-62):
- Viceroy # 2. Lord Elgin (1862-63):
- Viceroy # 3. Sir John Lawrence, (1864-69):
- Viceroy # 4. Lord Mayo, (1869-72):
- Viceroy # 5. Lord Northbrook, (1872-76):
- Viceroy # 6. Lord Lytton, (1876-80):
- Viceroy # 7. …
- Viceroy # 8.
What is an Indian governor called?
RANK. ANSWER. Indian governor. NAWAB. Indian governor (4)
Who is the governor general of India 2021?
State-wise Present Governors in India 2021
|States||Governors of India|
|Jharkhand||Shri Ramesh Bais|
|Karnataka||Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot|
|Kerala||Arif Mohammad Khan|
|Madhya Pradesh||Shri Mangubhai Chhaganbhai Patel|
What is difference between viceroy and Governor General?
Governor General was the head of all governors of states under East India Company. After the power shifted in the hands of British Crown, Viceroy was appointed, who was the head of colonial India and governed the territory on behalf of British Crown.
Who was the last viceroy of India Class 8?
1. Lawrence was a prominent Viceroy of India. 2. Curzon was a Governor General of India.
How, When and Where Class 8 MCQs Questions with Answers.
|Column A||Column B|
|(iii) Calligraphists||(c) A Scottish economise and political leader|
|(iv) Historians||(d) The earlier period of the history|