1. Ramakrishna (1836 – 1886) With an HPI of 82.17, Ramakrishna is the most famous Indian Philosopher.
Who is the first philosopher of India?
Earliest Hindu philosophy were arranged and codified by Hindu Vedic sages, such as Yajnavalkya (c. 8th century BCE), who is considered one of the earliest philosophers in recorded history, after Aruni (c. 8th century BCE).
Who is the great thinker of India?
This book contains 13 Indian thinkers which are Swami Vivekananda, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Rabindranath Tagore, Annie Besant, Swami Dayanand, Sri Aurobindo, Jawaharlal Nehru, Manabendra Nath Roy, Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Jiddu Krishnamurti, Dr. Zakir Hussain, Dr. Muhammad Iqbal.
Which philosophy is best in India?
(1) Indian Hindu philosophy in the world–>Hindu philosophy is one of most sophisticated and transparent Indian philosophy nowadays. This philosophy is based on finding the truth after understanding way of living. Hindu philosophy is one of the few philosophies which provide you with different points of views.
Are there any Indian philosophers?
Among those who deserve mention for their original contributions to philosophical thinking are Sri Aurobindo (died 1950), Mohandas K. Gandhi (died 1948), Rabindranath Tagore (died 1941), Sir Muḥammed Iqbāl (died 1938), K.C. Bhattacharyya (died 1949), and Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (died 1975).
Who is the father of Indian philosophy?
Vedic sage Kapila (10000 BCE+), son of Devhuti is the father of Indian Philosophy.
Who is the founder of India?
Jawaharlal Nehru, the Founder of Modern India: The Architect of Indian Planning for Political, Economic, and Social Structure Hardcover – Import, 1 December 1989.
Who are the great educational thinkers?
GREAT EDUCATION THINKERS
- Vittorino da Feltre (1378 – 1440) 3.
- Jan Amos Comenius (1592 – 1670) 4.
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau 6.
- FROBEL AND THE KINDERGARTEN MOVEMENT 8.
- John Herbert 9.
- JOHN DEWEY (1859 – 1952) 10.
Who is the Indian social thinker among them?
G.S Ghurye, Radhakamal Mukherjee show the influence of Geddes in their sociological writings. The others who firmly established sociology in India are D N Majumdar and N.K Bose. D N Majumdar of Lucknow University was trained in anthropology.
What is education according to Indian thinkers?
Ancient Indian thinkers:
(1) Rig-Veda – Education man self-reliant and others. (2) Upanishads –The end product of Education is to get salvation. (3) Shankaracharya- Education is the realization of the Self. … (4) Kautilya- Education means training for the country and love for the nation.
What are the six schools of Hinduism?
These are known as Vaishesika, Nyaya, Samkhya, Yoga, Purva Mimansa and Vedanta or Uttara Mimansa. These six systems of philosophy are said to have been founded by sages Konada, Gotama, Kapila, Patanjali, Jaimini and Vyasa, respectively.
What are the six Darshanas?
The six principal Hindu darshans are Samkhya, Yoga, Nyaya, Vaisheshika, Mimamsa, and Vedanta. Non-Hindu darshans include Buddhism and Jainism.