Mumbai is situated nearer to sea whereas Jaipur is in north surrounded by land. … Monsoon and winds pick up moisture from the Arabian Sea at a larger level and cause rainfall more frequently than Jaipur.
Why Mumbai is humid?
Mumbai generally has humid and muggy weather, which is influenced by its proximity to Arabian Sea. This proximity is the main reason for ups and downs of the temperature. The month of May is the warmest one in Mumbai wherein the temperature spins between 32 degree Celsius and 40 degree Celsius.
Is Mumbai more humid?
In terms of humidity, both Mumbai and Goa are equally humid. Talking about the temperature range, Mumbai can go beyond 40 degrees in terms of the highest maximums but does not drop below 32 degrees during the Pre-Monsoon season. … Goa’s annual rains stand at 2918 mm and Mumbai settles with 2373 mm of rainfall.
Which city has highest humidity in India?
Agra. Source The city of ‘Taj Mahal’ features a semi-arid climate with average relative humidity as high as 56%. The highest temperature scales to around 46 degrees Celsius.
Is Delhi more humid than Mumbai?
Since Mumbai is coastal area so it has greater humidity as compared to Delhi. Mumbai has greater humidity than Delhi because the places near the coast are more humid if compared to the places far away from the coast.
Which is the hottest state of India?
As per the India Meteorological Department (IMD), these places are the hottest on June 23: Churu currently is the hottest place in the country with a maximum temperature of 42.1 degrees Celsius. Followed by Pilani, again in Rajasthan with a maximum temperature of 41.7 degrees Celsius.
Why is there no winter in Mumbai?
1. Mumbai and Chennai have maritime climate as it is along the shoreline of Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal respectively. So the sea tones down extreme climatic conditions. … The breeze blows over the sea and land, as a result these cities experience less severe summer and winter.
What is Mumbai famous for?
It has the highest number of millionaires and billionaires among all cities in India. Mumbai is home to three UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Elephanta Caves, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, and the city’s distinctive ensemble of Victorian and Art Deco buildings.
Which month gets the most rainfall in Mumbai?
* Data from weather station: Mumbai, India.
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the months: June, July, August and September.
- Mumbai has dry periods in January, February, March, April, May, November and December.
- On average, July is the wettest month.
- On average, March is the driest month.
Which city in India has the best climate?
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the list of the best weather cities in India.
Which is the coolest city in India?
1. Dras – The Coldest Place in India. Dras is a lonely town in the infamous Kargil district of Jammu and Kashmir, popularly known as ‘The gateway to Ladakh’. Dras is the coldest place in India and often touted as second to the coldest place inhabited on Earth.
Which is coldest city in India?
Leh. No doubt, Leh is one of the coldest places to visit in India. Perched in the newly formed Union Territory of Ladakh, the temperature is known to drop to as less as -13 degrees Celsius!