Both parents/guardians must authorize the issuance of the child’s passport. The best way to do this is for both parents/guardians to go with the child in person to apply for the passport.
Can a minor get a passport without both parents in India?
No it is not mandatory for both parents to have a passport but having one or having a valid passport with a spouse’s name endorsed on it will ensure that the child will not have to go through a Police Verification Process.
Is it mandatory for both parents for minor passport?
Now, it has become mandatory for both the parents to visit Passport Seva Kendra along with minor applicant. The parents need to submit Annexure —H along with parents passport, if they have.
Do you have to put both parents on passport application?
Both parents or legal guardians of that child must authorize the US Department of State to issue the child’s passport by having all three appear in person at a regional passport office. However, exceptions can be made for one or neither parents being present for a child’s passport application.
How can I get passport for my child without father in India?
The parents need to make a joint sworn affidavit duly attested by the Indian Mission/Post abroad. Besides the local guardian of the minor child, if he or she is not the grandparent of the child, one has to submit an affidavit with two responsible persons.
Can you get a child’s passport without fathers signature?
The only way you can apply for a passport for a minor without the consent of the father is if his name is not on the birth certificate or you can submit evidence of sole legal custody of the child. … Note, minors age 16 and over may not be required to present parental consent when applying for a passport.
How can I get a passport without my father?
Single women can now apply for the passport of children without the consent of father. The first reform came when the ministry ruled that it was not necessary to provide the name of both parents in the case of a child’s passport.
How do I get a passport for a minor?
- It is assumed that consent of both parents is available, unless specified.
- For minor applicants, present address proof document in the name of parent(s) can be submitted.
- It is advised to carry original and self-attested copies of parents passport to Passport Seva Kendra (PSK), in case parents possess passport.
What are the documents required for passport for minor?
Documents required for minors fresh passport
- Parents original and self-attested copies of the passport should be carried.
- Proof of current address in the parent’s name.
- Photo passbook of running bank account in any public sector bank, private sector bank and regional rural banks.
- Birth certificate.
Do you need your fathers details on passport?
Answer: Missing paternal information will not disqualify you from getting a passport. Just provide any information you have and those you do not have answers for blank. Question: The father of my son abandoned us after birth.
What happens if one parent refuses to sign the passport?
If a parent refuses to sign a passport application, there aren’t any forms you can fill out to get around it. The law is clear and is designed to protect against international parental child abduction. You will have to pursue legal action and obtain the legal right to obtain [and hold] a passport for your child.
What 5 documents must you have with you to obtain a passport?
The ID must readily identify you.
- Valid or expired, undamaged U.S. passport book or passport card.
- In-state, fully valid driver’s license or enhanced driver’s license with photo.
- Certificate of Naturalization.
- Certificate of Citizenship.
- Government employee ID (city, county, state, or federal)